Tis the season or almost anyway.
Prep 5 min, Cook 0 min
Yield 5 1/2-cup servings (136 cals)
Dessert does not have to be off limits because you have diabetes. This smooth pumpkin mousse is made decadent using whole milk ricotta cheese and gets it sweetness from pure pumpkin and a little maple syrup. Spiced up with nutmeg and cinnamon, this simple yet rich mousse is a delicious dessert that’s ready in minutes.
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, for garnish
- Combine pumpkin, ricotta cheese, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl; whip until fluffy and all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate at least…
View original post 280 more words